Install of Enlightenment

Post by EWeges » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hey everyone!
I've recently tried to compile Enlightenment, and when I try to load it, I get
 an error message saying something about not being able to open X display.

Can anyone think of any ideas why this may be???

Thanks!

1. I need Enlightenment on Enlightenment

I'm trying to install Enlightenment on my linux machine!
It uses redhat 4.2 for intel.
My Problem is with Imlib... if i get the rpms then i get an invalid data
type 9 errror when trying to install them... if i get the binary??? (
don't know if that's what u call them, they end in tar.gz ) it says i
have missing files (there were others but this was one of them
selectbits.h) when i try to compile it... i.e. when i run: make
Everything else Installs OK... or at least i think they did... i didn't
see any errors...
So i have Enlightenment installed... ImagMagick installed and just need
Imlib...
Note: i tried Imlib 1.1 and 1.2 I get different errors...
I'm at a loss... is it my redhat installaton???
When i installed Redhat i checked  [x] install everyrthing!
Since then i have installed XFree86 3.3.2 it works okay...

If anyone can help please do!!!
I am a newbie and struggling with this beast....
And if anyone can let me know how to capture or cut and paste errors
from the screen in a Linux shell, that would help me in my journey.
Please respond via Email... or to this group...

TIA TwisT

2. add french ssupport to my server

3. Installing Enlightenment

4. Linux in UML

5. How do I install Enlightenment themes?

6. Re_: Discovering deviceā€²s IP addres

7. Debian package manager help (to install epplet for enlightenment)

8. Web services, Java, and FreeBSD questions

9. Installed enlightenment with rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps *.rpm, but it won't run.

10. enlightenment RPM install (no buttons)

11. HELP! Installing xv and enlightenment

12. Problem installing enlightenment 0.16.3

13. Imlib-0.9 and Enlightenment .13 install