Java and Appletviewer problems

Post by Seth D Mosi » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I'm running slakware 2.0.24 and 2.0.0 and I'm having a problem getting java to
work. THe compiler itself appears to work fine, although it doesn't look like
it's using swap space very effectively. But my main problem is that when I try
to run a program, even a simple HelloWorld.class program, it gives me a :
'Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread'

I have the feeling this has something to do with a java_lang_Thread.h file not
being in the right place, but I'm not certain, and have even less of a clue as
to where to put it.

Appletviewer says
'java was not found in usr/local/java/bin/i586/java'

But I think this has something to do with the previous problem. If anyone can

this post, I'll try to check on a fairly regular basis. Thanks a lot.
Seth Mosier

Post by Geoffrey Myer » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I'm running slakware 2.0.24 and 2.0.0 and I'm having a problem getting java to
> work. THe compiler itself appears to work fine, although it doesn't look like
> it's using swap space very effectively. But my main problem is that when I try
> to run a program, even a simple HelloWorld.class program, it gives me a :
> 'Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread'

> I have the feeling this has something to do with a java_lang_Thread.h file not
> being in the right place, but I'm not certain, and have even less of a clue as
> to where to put it.

> Appletviewer says
> 'java was not found in usr/local/java/bin/i586/java'

> But I think this has something to do with the previous problem. If anyone can

> this post, I'll try to check on a fairly regular basis. Thanks a lot.
> Seth Mosier

Where did you put the JDK once you downloaded it?  There's very
specific installation info that tells you where to put everything.
If you didn't follow these instructions, you will have a hard time
finding things.  Did you verify that the above messages are
accurate?

--
Until later:

        Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....

1. java/42595: java/jdk13: Math.pow function from appletviewer

Old Synopsis: jdk: Math.pow function from appletviewer
New Synopsis: java/jdk13: Math.pow function from appletviewer

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-java->glewis
Responsible-Changed-By: znerd
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Oct 11 16:07:19 PDT 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Over to MAINTAINER.

2. C++ library interfacing to database

3. java appletviewer problem!

4. Strange problem: Auto PPP and ISDN and Mgetty

6. NAT to ISA on DMZ

7. CorelOffice for Java & appletviewer

8. Ascend Pipelines

9. java/42595: jdk: Math.pow function from appletviewer

10. Mouse dissapears in kate after appletviewer(java) is run.

11. Java appletviewer says: kaffe: command not found

12. Java appletviewer

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.