Date/time keeps getting adjusted?

Post by hwk.. » Fri, 24 Dec 1999 04:00:00

My BIOS clock says EST, and yet my Red Hat 6.0 system keeps insisting on
setting the OS clock back 5 hours, as if it were adjusting for GMT.
What gives?  I use the tool in KDE, and the command line, to set it back
where it belongs, but I return later to find it has adjusted itself
again.

How's this happening?  There's no cron job running a time adjustment or
anything.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Date/time keeps getting adjusted?

Post by Phil Gerringe » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am having the same problem.  I use a static PPP connection and am
using an external time server to set the time correctly every hour.
When the server gets rebooted (power outages are frequent), the time
reverts 5 hours back until the next hit of the time server.  Have you
received any answers on this?  It is very frusterating...

Post by Jehs » Sat, 01 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I am having the same problem.  I use a static PPP connection and am
> using an external time server to set the time correctly every hour.
> When the server gets rebooted (power outages are frequent), the time
> reverts 5 hours back until the next hit of the time server.  Have you
> received any answers on this?  It is very frusterating...

man hwclock
man rdate

Moshe

--

ICQ 1900670 - 350467 GT Station - 6-0985 - HEF 214

1. howto adjust date/time

Solaris 10, i386 + Recommended_patches

Wed Oct 26 15:58:04 GMT 2005

zone_info=GB
zone_lag=-3600

TZ=GB
CMASK=022
LANG=C

The config files look correct - taking a nearby sol9 PC system as reference.

and the GMT date is being adjusted by ntp correctly also.

But how do I get date to display my actual local time? thusly

"Wed Oct 26 16:58:04 BST 2005"

'rtc -c' does nothing but I asumed it would correct it - as it should in crontab.

any pointers?

Cheers

Rob

--
Rap it up for the common good
Let us enlist the neighbourhood

                   Tomtomclub, 1980.

2. Command to backup

3. how to adjust system time displayed by "date -u"

4. export X application over http?

5. date/time of a file compare with current date/time

6. Basic Mounting Question

7. run time date and syslog date/time conflict

8. A few questions about Linux

9. Date keeps getting messed up...

10. System Clock keeps showing the wrong time/date

11. date/time setting keeps changing

12. IPC not keeping correct time or date.

13. Keep Time and Date when FTPing