how to mount a dos floppy to /mnt/floppy

how to mount a dos floppy to /mnt/floppy

Post by bear » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi, all

I am just a newer of Linux. I want to mount a dos format floppy to Linux.

I use follow command:

mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

But Liunx display that I must special a filesystem. What should I do?

Thanks

Bear

Post by Hal Burgi » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

>I am just a newer of Linux. I want to mount a dos format floppy to
>Linux.

>I use follow command:

>mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

>But Liunx display that I must special a filesystem. What should I do?

Use a text editor, and edit the file /etc/fstab. Change the line for fd0
(or add it if not there):

 /dev/fd0       /mnt/floppy      auto    noauto,user,suid    0 0

Then try again. Back this file up first, if not comfortable with a text
editor. 'auto' should auto detect the filesystem type.

--
Hal B

--

Post by Nico Coetze » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

> Hi, all

> I am just a newer of Linux. I want to mount a dos format floppy to Linux.

> I use follow command:

> mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

> But Liunx display that I must special a filesystem. What should I do?

> Thanks

> Bear

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt /floppy

That should do it...

This signature was added automatically by Linux:
.
If you want to see card tricks, you have to expect to take cards.
                -- Harry Blackstone