hn.org: can anyone access it..

Post by Will Renk » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:16:20

I just brought it up

        >Can anyone access dynamic DNS site hn.org??
        >
        >I can't access it... Is it close down??

1. hn.org: can anyone access it??

I can get at it.

The .ORG TLD went through a big transition last night, moving from one
manager to another, and it's possible that there is some addressing
confusion on the part of whatever DNS resolvers you're going
through...

It begs three questions:

-> Can you get an IP address for the site?  If not, that's an addressing
   problem, likely to sit at the root server level.  (Note that several
   of the root servers went down this weekend, as well as name servers
   serving all of Korea, due to a really severe Microsoft SQL Server
   exploit...)

-> If you have an IP address, can you ping it/HTTP it?  If not, then
   that's a routing problem.

-> If you have a legitimate IP address, and can access the site via
   (for instance) HTTP, but can't get the dynamic DNS service, then
   maybe there's a problem with hn.org's services.

I'll bet the "SQL Server exploit" is biting you if you're in Hong
Kong...
--
If this was helpful, <http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=cbbrowne> rate me
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxdistributions.html

2. newbie PPP to ISP problem

3. Jumper Settings for Wangtek 5150ES

4. has anyone set up a script to access dyn.ml.org via freebsd, dns service

5. FTP site for CooL

6. Would anyone be willing to host a second kernel.org site?

7. How do I .forward e-mail to stdin of a program?

8. linux.org email aliases, anyone get one?

9. ASISONLINE.org: anyone heard of it?

10. Applixware.org's SHELF 2.1 -- Anyone got it working ?

11. has anyone dl'd rawhide from ftp.linux.org?

12. Can anyone here reach httpd.apache.org ?