install of CLOS cd-ROm and operating system once installed

install of CLOS cd-ROm and operating system once installed

Post by chuc » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I've installed and completed  CD-Rom of CLOS.  I'am now stuck because I do
not know how to access from DOS mode that allows for Linux and windows
compatability.  Very frustrated, because I do not have a grat deal of
computer experience.  Basically, how do I get to Linux.  Corel customer
service not very helpful. Mentioned something about F8 and entering cdl
prompt but operator couldn't spend any time to cover.  So basically, I've
spent $40.00 to explore Linus=x and now stuck in mud.  Please help if you
have time, kindness, and patience.

1. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM

Hi,

  I can't install my Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with the following SCSI
related configuration :
  1) 1 Adaptec 1542C controller
  2) 1 240MB SCSI-2 hard disk
  3) 1 Sound Blaster 16 AIC-6360 sound card
  4) 1 NEC SCSI-1 CD-ROM (I say it is SCSI-1 because ezscsi.exe provided by
     Adaptec detects it as a SCSI-1 one without support for parity checking).

  I have tried to install Linux with the following two configurations :
  1) connect the CD-ROM to SB16 card and the hard disk to 1542C controller :
     I typed the command
     Linux aha152x=0x340,11,7,1
     to boot Linux but failed after a long period of detecting my CD-ROM
     and dumped a lot of messages about the queue status.
     I noticed that the parity checking is enabled.

  2) connect the CD-ROM and hard disk to 1542C with parity checking disabled
     while just connect the sound output from CD-ROM to SB16 card only :

     I used the default booting process and it failed a lot faster and told
     me that it can't mount the CD-ROM (kernel panic : unable to mount VFS).

  These two configurations work fine under both OS/2 2.1 and DOS/Windows.

  Now I need help to the following questions :
  1) How can I install Linux using this CD-ROM with such config ?
  2) Which other CD-ROM distribution can I use to install Linux ?

  One of the major reasons to buy CD-ROM is to run Linux. Failing to do so
frustrated me a lot. Please help me !

Thanks in advance,
   Eddie

2. Question about Apache authentication...

3. CD-ROM not detected by linux after CD-ROM install

4. SNMP Sniffer.

5. CD-ROM- Writer wanted for AIX-Operating System CD's

6. help - configuring xdm

7. Help: Can't use CD ROM once Linux installed

8. Disk Fragmentation

9. Is it possible to install Linux w/o CD-ROM onto DOS system?

10. installing linux on a bare system with no cd-rom drive

11. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

12. Reveal 4XCD-ROM & Slackware 2.3 CD-ROM Install

13. can't install linux- cd didn't come with driver for cd-rom