Linux with Cyrix 5x86 CPU?

Post by frank aquil » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Does nayone have any idea if the new Cyrix 5x86 chip is compatible
with linux cause I was planning to get one but not unless it is
100% compatible with Linux.

Thanx...

Linux with Cyrix 5x86 CPU?

Post by Jim Nan » Fri, 06 Oct 1995 04:00:00

|>Does nayone have any idea if the new Cyrix 5x86 chip is compatible
|>with linux cause I was planning to get one but not unless it is
|>100% compatible with Linux.

I know Cyrix runs linux on their M1 to test for compatability.

Jim

1. Linux with Cyrix 5x86 CPU?

I am cross-posting this from *.misc since I too am interested in the
answer.  More particularly, since I know that Linux works with *everything*,
I would be interested in performance comparisons to high speed
DX's (I have a dx266).  In other words:  is it worth the upgrade?

[ Article crossposted from comp.os.linux.misc ]
[ Author was frank aquila ]
[ Posted on 2 Oct 1995 23:23:19 GMT ]

Does nayone have any idea if the new Cyrix 5x86 chip is compatible
with linux cause I was planning to get one but not unless it is
100% compatible with Linux.

Thanx...

Jeffery S. Norman, Esq.                 |  Direct dial: (312) 755-2502
Foley & Lardner                             |  Fax:         (312) 755-1925
One IBM Plaza, Suite 3300               |

Chicago, Illinois 60611                 |
COPYRIGHT NOTICE:  The statements contained in this message are the
property of Jeffery S. Norman, (C) Copyright 1995.  Notwithstanding any
express or implied license to the contrary, Microsoft Network is
prohibited from distributing, redistributing, posting, duplicating or
using this message, or any part thereof, without the author's express
written consent.

2. can't telnet to port 25...

3. Q: Linux and Cyrix 5x86 / AMD 5x86

4. telecommunications packages

5. Linux compatible with Cyrix 5x86 CPU?

6. dialing out while mgetty is at work

7. cyrix 5x86 cpu is good for Linux?

8. X windows for RedHat5.0 won't install

9. Cyrix 5x86 FPU better than AMD 5x86 FPU?

10. Cyrix 5x86 and Linux??

11. Linux on 83MHz O/D or Cyrix 5x86

12. Cyrix 5x86 & Linux?

13. Cyrix 5x86 120 and Linux