ISP

Post by Schmil Mondere » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm new to linux i just mannage to install redhat 4.2 . The X window is
already working.
I would like to connect to my ISP but have no clue where to start from.

               Thanks
                        Sam

ISP

Post by Kent Robott » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I'm new to linux i just mannage to install redhat 4.2 . The X window is
> already working.
> I would like to connect to my ISP but have no clue where to start from.
>                Thanks
>                         Sam

I think they have a python script called 'netcfg' that might work
for that purpose.

~# startx
 # netcfg

You could also try 'pppsetup' from the site below.

--
ftp://wauug.erols.com/pub/people/kent-robotti/doslinux/index.html
ftp://wauug.erols.com/pub/people/kent-robotti "pppsetup-1.72.tar.gz"

PPPsetup is a bash shell script for creating a chat script
to make a ppp connection.

ISP

Post by Brett W. McCo » Wed, 24 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> I'm new to linux i just mannage to install redhat 4.2 . The X window is
> already working.
> I would like to connect to my ISP but have no clue where to start from.

Take a look at the PPP HOW and the ISP HOWTO.  They're a good start.

Brett W. McCoy
                         http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/1038
"The Number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972

ISP

Post by Erik Hense » Wed, 24 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I'm new to linux i just mannage to install redhat 4.2 . The X window is
>already working.
>I would like to connect to my ISP but have no clue where to start from.

Start from the ISP-hookup howto in /usr/doc/HOWTO (read it with
"zless").
Or, surf to sunsite.unc.edu/LDP

---
Erik Hensema
Please note: my email address has been changed from
hensema (at) worldaccess.nl to hensema (at) wxs.nl

1. Announce - ISP FAQ - UK ISPs

United Kingdom based readers may be interested to know that recent
messages on uk.comp.os.linux have resulted in the assembly of
a faq with data on UK ISPs and connecting to them.

While some of the information is Linux specific, a significant
amount will be of interest to anyone trying to select or use a UK
ISP from anything other than Windows/Mac.

The faq is at http://www.sweeney.demon.co.uk/ISP_FAQ.htm. OpenBSD
specific contributions are welcome will be put in a separate section.

--
Keith Matthews                  Spam trap - my real account at this
                                                        node is keith_m

Frequentous Consultants  - Linux Services,
                Oracle development & database administration

2. About SLS1.4!!

3. ODARS ISP Server free for commercial/institutional ISP's

4. Logging command lines in tcsh

5. nameserver ISP or forwarders ISP?

6. How do i mount DOS drives at boot up??

7. Automated Dialup to ISP and Rotating ISP Accounts

8. Is there an alternative to script?

9. ISP connection: starting PPPD on ISP's machine

10. ODARS ISP Server free for commercial/institutional ISPs/IPPs

11. Solaris fuer ISPs / Solaris for ISPs

12. transition from isp 'A' to isp 'B' routing problem

13. Linux Friendly ISP's (spc Free-ISP's)