Binary Editor/Hexadecimal editor

Post by Jeremy D. Zawod » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I am looking for a good free binary editor.
> I want to run it on Linux, Solaris, and HPUX.

> Any Idea ?

Emacs, the "it does everything" editor can edit binary files.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny                Web Geek, Perl Hacker, etc.

LOAD "LINUX",8,1

Post by jxfau.. » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I am looking for a good free binary editor.
> I want to run it on Linux, Solaris, and HPUX.

You could try 'beav'

Binary Editor/Hexadecimal editor

Post by Jürgen Exne » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I am looking for a good free binary editor.
>I want to run it on Linux, Solaris, and HPUX.

Emacs in hexl-mode will do perfectly fine.

jue
--
Jrgen Exner; microsoft.com, UID: jurgenex
Sorry for this anti-spam inconvenience

Post by Ian Ha » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> >I am looking for a good free binary editor.
> >I want to run it on Linux, Solaris, and HPUX.

> Emacs in hexl-mode will do perfectly fine.

Could you give a quick one-liner on how to get emacs into hexl-mode?

I.

Toronto, Canada      <http://www3.sympatico.ca/ian.hay/>
Linuxing about since June 21, 1998 <Redhat 5.1 - 2.0.35>

Post by Bob Hau » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>> Emacs in hexl-mode will do perfectly fine.

> Could you give a quick one-liner on how to get emacs into hexl-mode?

M-x hexl-mode

(M = Meta Key, usually Alt or Esc).

--
 No proprietary software was used in the creation of this message.