NEC 4x4 Changer question

Post by Jonathan Terr » Thu, 22 May 1997 04:00:00

I'm looking to purchase a CD multi-disk changer, was looking at the NEC
4x4 changer as I can pick one up for around $50.  We are running RedHat
4.1.  Have looked at the CD-ROM compatibility lists and it mentions
basic support for IDE multi changers, but we were wondering if anyone
has had any luck with this model.

Thanks.

Jonathan Terry

NEC 4x4 Changer question

Post by M.C. van den Bovenkam » Fri, 23 May 1997 04:00:00

> I'm looking to purchase a CD multi-disk changer, was looking at the NEC
> 4x4 changer as I can pick one up for around $50.  We are running RedHat
> 4.1.  Have looked at the CD-ROM compatibility lists and it mentions

Yup, works fine, I have one myself. You can change disks with i.e.
'eject', which comes with Red Hat, if I'm not mistaken.

                Regards,

--
                        Marco van den Bovenkamp.

        IT Network Engineer,

        Lucent Technologies Nederland.
        Room: HVS BGS 16
        Tel.: (+31-35-687)2724

1. Installing from NEC 4x4 changer

Does anyone have any advice on how to install Slackware (3.0) linux from a
Nec 4x4 changer? I have done it from a Mitsumi and standard ATAPI CD drive,
but I can't seem to get this one to work..

Its slaved off the primary IDE controller in case that's any help..

Thanks,
Aaron

2. Creating pty and tty devices

3. CD-changers with Linux: Nec 4x4?

4. proxy command

5. nec 4x4 ide/atapi cdrom changer

6. What is the MOUSE drive on HP Vectra XU PC

7. Nec 4x4 cd changer

8. Solaris x86 FAQ

9. (NEC) 4x4 CD-ROM changer

10. NEC 4x4 CD-ROM changer...