Segmentation Error, pls help.

Post by Kiu Kian Wu » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

When i try startx the system will give me a message:

xinit: can't resolve symbol '_xtAppDestroyCount'.

If i continue to run startx again for a few times i will finally get a
message saying: Segmentation Error. Afterwhich no matter which apps i try
to run it will give me this error message.

I have found a way to solve this problem, which is i can't perform a
normal shutdown. I have to switch off the power without Crtl-Alt-Del or
shutdown command. The next time when i login in i will be able to run X
without problem.

I'm really new to linux and really wonder whats going on with this
situation. Could anyone pls help me on this. Thanks in advance.

1. pls help: apache segmentation fault

Although I was able to configure (as user 'me'), make (as 'me') and
install (as root) apache without error on RH6.1, I cannot get it to run.
Here's the command lines and results of the failed attempts.

fopen: Permission denied
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Segmentation fault

Do you have any suggestions?

TIA,
Mark

2. ULRL for noteedit-1.8.0

3. Error when compiling kernel - pls help!

4. Modem on ibook, again please

5. getting a ld: fatal:error ...... pls help

6. SCSI hard drives and PAS-16

7. scsi errors - pls help find hardware or software cause?

8. bash problem

9. 1.3.12 install errors - pls help

10. Squid Proxy server error log.Pls,help us.

11. PLS Help, Alcatel USB Connection Error

12. checksum compile error on kernel 2.2.1 pls help!!

13. P&P Install Error Help Pls