mail client can access HTTP mail server

Post by Chao Fan » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for a mail client that can retrieve mail from HTTP server.
I could not figure out how to do it with fetchmail.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Chao Fang
Computer Engineering, Northwestern Univ.
Tel: 847-491-4466 (O)

Post by NGUYEN-DAI Qu » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I am looking for a mail client that can retrieve mail from HTTP server.
> I could not figure out how to do it with fetchmail.

What do you mean "retrieve mail from HTTP server" ????
Fetchmail can not support (if I'm not wrong) HTTP protocole for getting
mail .
Do you want speak about 'web-based email server' ?

:-(

1. Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)

Let's take a look at this scenario:

I have two mail accounts, one on academic Unix server A and second
at my office - Unix server B. And there is also Win95/NT PC on my desk.
Practicaly I use Internet only from my PC. There is proxy gateway for
http and ftp outbound connections. No pops, telnets and other services
outside the office. You know - security.
And, let's assume, all inbound mail is CCopied to my boss.

And where is the problem?
I want to have all my private mail (sent to my academic account)
on my desk - Internet Mail, Pegasus or sth like that.

Forwarding mail from one account to the other does not provide security.
My office Unix server is "untrusted", so all forwarded mail should
arrive encoded. And decoding should be done by my pop3 client, just on
my desk.

So, some procmail action should be taken at Server A to encode (by pgp?)
and forward mail. And some automatical decoding at my desk.

Any help?
Any URL, sample conf and tips?

Regards
tko

2. autofs : yp map & file map

3. What client mail protocol leaves mail on server

4. Xterm renamed

5. What mail clients can mail directly to a smtp server

6. RAID Recovery Scenario

7. win95 client gets mail through linux machine from netware 3.xx mail server, POSSIBLE ?

8. rsh and background jobs

9. How to receive Internet mail from Win95 client via mail server on Redhat 4.2

10. sendmail mail server does not accept sending mail from remote clients

11. mail client for windows with enhanced features running on a linux mail server?

12. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

13. One mail file, different mail clients; etc.