HERE'S ONE FOR YOU HARDWARE PEOPLE

Post by Jaso » Wed, 23 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have an intel DX2-66 on a VL/ISA-PB486P3 Ver. 5.0 main board.  Linux
runs fine at 33 MHz, but when I turbo to 66 MHz it hangs.  When I boot at
66, LILO makes it all the way where it checks the harddrive partitions and
then it hangs.  I have a Qunatum 540 HD with a generic IDE controller.
None of my cards are VLB.  The AMI Bios won't let me select the parameters
the manual says I should have set (the manual wants the memory write wait
cycle to be 1, but the bios only gives me a choice between 0 and 3 - I
currently have 3 chosen).  Another potential problem is that I have one 8
MB 72 pin SIMM and the board supposedly is not configurable for this (JP
42 is now on 1-2).  I have tried changing wait states in the bios, but no
luck.  Linux has been running fine at 33 for a month now.  Oh, and one
last thing, MS-DOS runs fine at 66.