Problem with popclient

Post by Frank Fo » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

        I'm using popclient to download mail from my ISP's pop3 server.
Then I use pine to read it. Popclient places the mail in a file in my home
directory. Trouble is, for every one real message, there is another dummy
message. That is, popclient tells me that it downloaded one message, but
when I read it with pine, there are two. These two messages are the same,
except one has no body. Does anybody know what is going on here.

                Frank Fox

                If there is nothing to do, then do nothing.

                        Bruce Lee

Problem with popclient

Post by Calle Lejdfo » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]
I had the same problem that you're describing. So I changed to the
'fetchmail' program (it's (or at least was: ) available at
sunsite.unc.edu). It's a hell of a lot better...

So kick out popclient and upgrade to fetchmail!!!

/Calle

Quote:>    I'm using popclient to download mail from my ISP's pop3 server.
> Then I use pine to read it. Popclient places the mail in a file in my home
> directory. Trouble is, for every one real message, there is another dummy
> message. That is, popclient tells me that it downloaded one message, but
> when I read it with pine, there are two. These two messages are the same,
> except one has no body. Does anybody know what is going on here.

>            Frank Fox

>            If there is nothing to do, then do nothing.

>                    Bruce Lee

"Master Linus...  Is the dark side stronger?"
"No!  no... quicker, easier... more seductive."

1. Help: Problem with popclient 2.21

Hi, out there !

Every time I retrieve mail from my provider, popclient adds/changes the
first line of each message to "From POPclient ......"
That gives me a headache, cause my mail client (Applix Mail 4.1) then
inserts this as the reply destination, if "Reply-To:..." is missing.
I cannot change the behaviour of Applix in this case (built in dialog),
so I wonder if Icould do so with popclient ?

Any suggestion? Thanx !

Ernie

2. Redhat /usr/src/linux-2.4.7-10 ???

3. Problems with popclient

4. execve failed for /etc/x11/x (errno 2)

5. A peculiar problem with popclient

6. Motif?

7. Problem with popclient

8. Connecting SLIP as user