Help requested getting to a website with various browsers.

Post by James Kufrovi » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:40:33

Hi.

        I'm having some diffuculties with a website, and I'm wondering if
anybody out there can help.  I want to access the java chat at
http://deafness.about.com/gi/chat/cs.htm .  Netscape can get there just
fine, but it crashes so much. I used to be able to get there with Mozilla
0.6.something (I know, I'll upgrade to 0.9.something as soon as I upgrade
my linux distro) until the nimwads at about.com decided to try to
"improve" things, and now Mozilla won't work.  The folks at about.com
don't seem to want to tell me how to configure my browser (any browser,
really) to get things working with their site; they just say "we suggest
using at least Netscape version x or IE version y.  If one doesn't work,
try the other. Or try reinstalling your browser."  Pfft, alot of help that
is. I think the problem with Mozilla no longer working has something to do
with certificates, but I'm not sure.

        Anyway, could you folks with browsers other than Netcrash try
accessing the page mentioned above, log in, and see if you get to the
actual chat, or if you get redirected?  Please let me know what you try,
and what works and what doesn't work, and how the browser is configured.
Thanks for any help with this.

Jamie Kufrovich, eggie (at) sunlink (dot) net

--
Egg, eggie (at) sunlink (dot) net
FMSp3am/MSp3am A- C+ D H+ M+ P+++ R+ T W Z+

Post by Swif » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 18:22:12

>    Anyway, could you folks with browsers other than Netcrash try
>  accessing the page mentioned above, log in, and see if you get to the
>  actual chat, or if you get redirected?  Please let me know what you try,
>  and what works and what doesn't work, and how the browser is configured.
>  Thanks for any help with this.

W3M : Failed to open Java Chat
Lynx : Failed to open Java Chat
Links : Failed to open Java Chat

:p

--
  SwifT
  |- LUG : http://www.lugwv.be

1. Browser and Dejanews website

Hi All,

Just installed KDE and it makes using Linux a helluva  lot easier.  I did like
AfterStep but that was too damn awkward to configure, besides KDE runs faster
on my system.

However, I did notice that the browser didn't like the Dejanews site too much -
it wouldn't display search results.  Has anybody noticed anything similar?

Cheers

T.

Terry MacKenzie
---------------

Remove the 'AT' to reply to email

2. Solaris x86 w/ 2 NIC's

3. No website access for Linux browsers?

4. Q: How to power-on from CDROM

5. Linux browsers denied access to Ziff Davis website

6. Uinx On a PC with Win95

7. Software to manipulate websites via internet browser

8. linux

9. New update to Scripts website for UNIX OS' and browsers

10. Website uses TL-TTHemalatha for font face, Browser knows TL_TTHemalatha

11. new KA9Q: request for various kinds of advice

12. MySQL & Website serving Info requested

13. pkgmk/pkgadd/request - getting values from a file - HELP