olvwm4 for linux.

Post by Yin Tan Cu » Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I tried to compile the WM olvwm4.0 on my linux machine. there is no
Makefile but an Imakefile. However when I try xmkmf, I get the following
error:

imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
In file included from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:1250,
                 from Imakefile.c:3:
Imakefile:62: XView.tmpl: No such file or directory
Imakefile:145: XView.prog: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33.  Stop.

I checked  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/ , and there is no
XView.tmpl and XView.prog.

I'm running Redhat4.2 on a Pentium133, I did install the openwin
library and include files.

maybe someone out there has compiled olvwm4.0 already, if you did
this, can you tell me how did you do it.

Thanks

1. olvwm4

Has anyone got a binary for olvwm4 (patched to fix the AutoRaise problem)
for Solaris 2.3.  I've managed to compile the latest version, but for some
reason it crashes when I put it my .login file viz-a-viz
        $OPENWINHOME/bin/openwin -wm olvwm
and since that crashes the server I really don't have a clue what's going
wrong.  Probably some library file missing or something, but anyway ....

That brings me to another question: when I do file <whatever> and I'm told
it is dynamically linked, is there any way to find out exactly what
library files it'll need in advance?

Thanx
Kevin
--
                     \|/
                    (o o)

2. Resolution oof X-window in Red Hat 6.0

3. HELP:OLVWM4.0

4. kdm will not start

5. olvwm4 and xpm icons

6. Is there an officail word from Xfree about Matrox?

7. OLVWM4 : successful compilation anyone?

8. Linux instability is *NOT* a figment of peoples imagination

9. Compiling olvwm4 on Solaris x86 2.4

10. binaries for olvwm4

11. binary of olvwm4?

12. Looking for olvwm4