mySQL problems

Post by M » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:29:42

Hi there,

I installed mySQL via SuSE 7.1 rpm, it didn't ask me to put a password
any where... strange.
Now I started mysql manually, and entered several times the default
line:
mysql -u root -p password 'new-password'
I said: "Not a correct password"
ok, I said. And I replaced the token 'new-password' by any kind of
token, and after a few times it didn't say anything, so I thought,
maybe it was the correct password this time. Now i foregot it, of
course, how stupid...
Well this leads to question # 1.
How to remove / reset all passwords?

Well, after that, I came into a different problem when I entered the
following line.

And as Root

NO)

What does it mean, what  is here the problem, how can this occur and
how can it be solved?

thanks in advance

greetingz,
-mo

mySQL problems

Post by Davide Bianch » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:42:02

Quote:> I installed mySQL via SuSE 7.1 rpm, it didn't ask me to put
> a password any where... strange.

It's not strange, in the 'standard' installation the only
existing user is 'root' without a password.

Quote:> How to remove / reset all passwords?

Start MySQL with -with-no-grant-tables (or whatever it was,
I never remeber that option), so you have no password
checking. Then update the USERS table.

Quote:> What does it mean, what  is here the problem, how can this
> occur and how can it be solved?

Use the correct user/password in your script.

Davide

1. PHP + MySQL problem

I just installed MySQL 3.22 and PHP 3.05 on a Redhat 5.2 system running
Apache 1.3. Both PHP and MySQL are working (I can create and update
databases from the mysql prompt, and web pages with simple PHP scripts
such as echo etc. are served correctly). Problem is, PHP does not seem
to be able to access MySQL - any mysql-related PHP function gets in
result an error message ("function unsupported or undefined"). I read
the FAQs, but was not able to solve the problem.

Do I need to compile PHP in order to enable its MySQL support? Does it
mean that I also have to compile Apache? I haven't done that, I just
installed the binaries from the rpm packages. Or could the problem be
due to errors in the configuration scripts? When installing PHP, rpm
didn't find the correct location of Apache so I had to tweak some
parameters by hand. Any help or info about similar experience will be
greatly appreciated.

Andrian

2. How to provide security for PPP over TCP channel?

3. mysql problem

4. ftp to FC3 box very slow.

5. MySQL problems

6. tsch for SUN Solaris 2.3