Any VLSI CAD tools for linux??

Post by Dev_A » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am looking for VLSI chip design and CAD tool for linux. I am looking
for GPL stuff (preferred) or any commercial tools.
This is for the university students taking VLSI chip design course.

Any VLSI CAD tools for linux??

Post by Kim Cart » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I am looking for VLSI chip design and CAD tool for linux. I am looking
> for GPL stuff (preferred) or any commercial tools.
> This is for the university students taking VLSI chip design course.

I would suggest you look at SAL (http://SAL.KachinaTech.COM/Z/1/)
which lists several. Another for which I don't have the URL handy
is Vanilla -text mode VHDL.

Cheers

Kim

Any VLSI CAD tools for linux??

Post by Gary Momariso » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I am looking for VLSI chip design and CAD tool for linux. I am looking
> for GPL stuff (preferred) or any commercial tools.
> This is for the university students taking VLSI chip design course.

There's some EDA links on the CAD page of Gary's Encyclopedia at
http://www.veryComputer.com/~swear/pedia/cad.html

Do you know hotmail is owned by that big company that repeatedly
demonstrates that it's all about business and doesn't care about
technology or its customers, except to the bare degree necessary
to support its business plans?  You are helping to support their
hegemony by using hotmail by helping bring adverti*ts to them.
Stop helping them. .