lockscreen in KDE

Post by Eric Headle » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

How can a non root user lock the screen in KDE ?   Everytime I try to
lock the screen as a non root user I get an error message ( which
incidentally flashes by faster than I can read ).

Eric Headley

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. KDE 3.1 and Shift-Ins

I apologize in advance for the basic question.

I've recently upgraded to Mandrake 9.1 (KDE 3.1) from previous
releases of both.  Historically, I have been able to paste text (which
has been previously highlighted with mouse) via the Shift-Ins key
combination.  This has worked across Konsole windows, vim, etc...
However, as of this upgrade, the Shift-Ins key combination does not
seem to paste?

I notice that the middle mouse button does still work, but my fingers
have grown quite acustomed to the Shift-Ins combination so that they
do not have to leave the keyboard.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction to re-enable this feature and/or what has changed?

Thanks again.

2. RS/6000 41T 64MB/1GB $350.00

3. X11 Screensavers/Lockscreens

4. German elections go OPEN SOURCE!

5. dt lockscreen problem

6. RST packet Apache_1.3.19 mod_ssl

7. Automatic Lockscreen

8. Indicator that a machine's shut down?

9. Lockscreens

10. Lockscreen like Screenblank

11. CDE Lockscreen doesn't work!

12. CDE lockscreen failure