inndstart can not bind aaaddress in use

Post by l.. » Wed, 28 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to configure inn on my linux (slackware) box.  It will be
using nntpget to initiate the connection to our news feed and download
newsss.  After following the instructionss from my provider (PSI) innd
will not run, complaining that "inndstart can not bind address in
use".
does anyone know where this error message should lead me?
thankss
Lou Kishton

inndstart can not bind aaaddress in use

Post by Jonathan I. Kame » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Comment the nntp line in /etc/inetd.conf and then either (a) send a HUP signal
to inetd and rerun inndstart or (b) reboot.

--

1. INNDSTART: inndstart can't bind Address already in use

I have installed INN as per the FAQ's and all the readme's BUT the
above message is given via the syslog file everytime I try and
start it.
ie
/usr/lib/news/etc/rc.news
# prompt back
tail -f /usr/adm/syslog

innstart: inndstart can't bind address alread in use.

what does this mean, comments please to

2. Working with and editing loopback.c

3. Is this possible?

4. Linux support for Fujitsu DynaMO on parallel port?

5. inndstart can't bind port

6. Netscape has detected a /root/.netscape/lock file????

7. inndstart fails..cant bind

8. "Inndstart can'd bind address"

9. inndstart can't bind Address already in use --- *** SOLUTION ***

10. inndstart can't bind -- What??

11. Plug-ins not not seen by Gimp