Does Linux work with Digiboard PC/16 Serial Card

Does Linux work with Digiboard PC/16 Serial Card

Post by Darin Arri » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 02:57:28

I am borrowing an old Digiboard PC/16 non-intelligent 16 port serial card and
am wondering if I can use it under Linux. I have found drivers for the newer
intelligent Digiboard cards, but none for the older, non-intelligent ones.

I am curious, though, if this card acts similar to an AST Fourport card. If so,
can I modify the /etc/rc.d/rc.serial file appropriately and configure it?
I tried doing that to the first port on the card like this:

setserial -b /dev/cua4 uart 16450 port 0x100 irq 5

(port 0x100 is the first port on the Digiboard card)

It didn't crash the machine or give me any error message. I checked the
port with setserial /dev/cua4 and it showed me that it was configured with
a 16450, port 0x100 irq 5 and fourport.

I don't have serial cables for this card yet (it needs RJ45 to DB25 cables),
so I haven't tested it yet.

Anyway, if anyone has experience with this card, or an intelligent guess as
to how Linux may handle this card, please send me email or followup to
comp.os.linux.hardware.

Thanks,
Darin

1. old digiboard pc/8 8 bit serial card

ack!  how do i set this beast up with slackware 3.2?
can someone point me in the right direction, please?
Please reply via email - all answers will be put into a post here later.
regards [Bill]

William Sanders, undergraduate student, University of Houston-Downtown
Department of Computer Science.  Have you read Capers-Jones? Do you
understand Structured Programming Methodologies?  Heaven help you if NOT!
Program Director, UHD/ACM Student chapter.  Voice - 713-663-6768
Pager - 713-886-7384  Fax - 713-871-8720.

2. Socket to exchange commands bwn two processes

3. Digiboard PC/16 ???

4. Help! NIS access error

5. Digiboard PC/16 installation problems

6. Searching for module dependencies...

7. Digiboard PC/16 & SCO V5.0

8. Can anyone help me out?

9. DIGIBOARD PC/XE 16 port multiserial hardware.

10. DIP switch info needed: Digiboard PC/Xe serial card

11. Q: anyone get a Mac 16" RGB monitor to work with Linux on a PC?

12. Need Speedlink Everex PC 16 card driver for Linux

13. Does Digiboard PC/4 work with Linux?