3com Office Connect LAN Modem::trouble connecting

3com Office Connect LAN Modem::trouble connecting

Post by Rutger Clae » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 04:28:01

Are there others out there using a 3com Office Connect LAN ISDN modem.  I'm
using Redhat 7.3 on a Dell Inspiron ( not that it matters in this question
).  I just can't get the 'auto call' feature working.  In my Win2k desktop
there is this little tool called LanManager or something.  It is provided
by 3com.  It's a way of dialing manualy.  Telnetting to the damn thing
takes to long, and doesn't always work.  Nor does accessing the internal
webpage.  Is there a little script?  An application?
Any help is welcome..
Thanks in advanced
--
Rutger Claes

LINUX, because rebooting is for adding new hardware

1. Problems with Tiny Term and 3Com Office Connect Lan Modem

Can anyone out there help? Or has anotne had the same problem?

I have a unix (SCO) server IP address 10.0.0.1 and 5 PC's accessing it via
Tiny Term 3.2 (Win32 version) all have IP addresses 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.6
inclusive. The network now has a 3Com Office Connect ISDN Lan Modem IP
10.0.0.254 the network's subnet mask is 255.255.0.0 consistent across all
machines. The problem is that when the Unix server is accessed using Tiny
Term the router opens up a channel to the internet and then after about 2
minutes you get to the Unix Login prompt. This does not happen when
accessing the Unix box via Microsoft's Telnet application. All machines can
access the internet through the router without any problems. The DNS server
for the PC's is set to 10.0.0.254 (the router) as described in the 3Com User
Guide. The only strange thing is thet that one machine had Dial Up access to
the Net and as soon as Tiny Term was accessed on that machine the Dial Up
Networking Connect screen would appear.

Does Tiny Term do a broadcast to the network instead of a direct connection
to 10.0.0.1?

I've had various emails from Century Software but nothing that helps in this
situation.

Anyone got any clues?

Steve

2. How to track of reading of multiple files

3. FS:3Com Office Connect ISDN/LAN $259.00

4. SUMMARY: 5G Exabyte drives with non-Exabyte tapes

5. Is 3com's Office Connect ISDN modem overkill?

6. Mailorder For Programming books (Q)

7. Office Connect Lan Modem

8. compile failing while installing kernal

9. Connect via LAN vs. Connect via modem headache

10. Modem advice_What modem for an office of 5 computers to connect internet with 1 linux box?

11. 3com office connect

12. EQL and 3COM Office Connect Remote: anyone using it?

13. Telneting from RH6 to a 3Com Office Connect 531