Am I the only one having trouble with Netscape???

Am I the only one having trouble with Netscape???

Post by William T. Trotte » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'm running RedHat 5.2 with developmental kernels,
currently 2.1.130 because I have dual processors, PnP,
need access to NTFS partitions, etc.  But Netscape 4.5
is crashing so often that I am reminded of Windows 3.0,
heavens forbid.  Am I the only one with these experiences??
I do a lot of email/web related work with other mathematicians/
scientists all around the world, so the email/browser
part of the os is important.  In the background, I have serious
computations going on, but it is the routine web related stuff
in the foreground that is driving me nuts.  Is there an
alternative to Netscape for Linux?  I need a bulletproof
email/browser combination and Netscape doesn't seem
to be the answer.
Thanks for any pointers. Tom T.

1. Am I the only one having troubles with apache beta 7?

I seem to run into all kinds of problems upgrading.. I run a P166 with
64 Meg Ram. on Linux with Kernel 2.0.29.   Seems to compile ok but with
this new SuEXEC stuff I run into problems I get this:

support# suexec
failed to open log file
fopen: No such file or directory

So as you can see it's hard to read logs when its not posting errors.
anyone have any ideas how I can get this thing to work? I want the the
root server to be able to run SSI, but I really dont need the users to
run them.  The way it looks now I have to run the HTTPD as a user now?
other than nobody & nogroup.

Sonny

2. NT server for free

3. I am having trouble with tcpip

4. Question about Ports and Bind

5. I am having trouble rebuilding xchat

6. linux 3.1

7. I am having troubles installing StarOffice 5.2 from the RedHat 7.2 distribution

8. Linux and 56k Leased Lines

9. Nicer [FIX] Re: Hi, am having trouble with cpio-2.4.2 on S.u.S.E. 6.0

10. Hi, am having trouble with cpio-2.4.2 on S.u.S.E. 6.0

11. Hi I am having trouble with X

12. I am having trouble to start Eterm

13. i am having trouble with my ethernet card