Apache .htaccess file syntax

Post by LabSo » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

What is the correct syntax to be used in an .htaccess file, to create a
password-protected directory?

I've looked through a lot of docs but I can't find the syntax or an
example.

Thanks.

Apache .htaccess file syntax

Post by Michael Watk » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

try here

http://www.apacheweek.com/features/userauth

it gives you step by step

Michael

>What is the correct syntax to be used in an .htaccess file, to create a
>password-protected directory?

>I've looked through a lot of docs but I can't find the syntax or an
>example.

>Thanks.

1. Syntax etc. of Apache .htaccess file

Hi,

I'm trying to prevent unauthorised access to a private area on my web site,
hosted on a local Apache server, but I'm getting nowhere with the .htaccess
file.  Can anyone tell me what should go in this & what other files I might
need to create.

Thanks for your time.
--
http://www.sun.tzo.net
http://www.sun.uklinux.net

2. Read This!- an attack on Linux! and my reply . . .

3. apache .htaccess syntax for basic authentication

4. Installing MySQL-Python

5. Apache .htaccess syntax

6. streaming tape devices

7. Syntax for listing multiple IPs in an .htaccess file

8. Compiling sfio...anyone?

9. syntax of .htaccess file

10. .htaccess File Syntax

11. Apache: file-by-file .htaccess?

12. Apache: how to prevent web-readability of .htaccess files

13. using .htaccess files in apache 1.3.27 virtual dirs