MusiXTeX

Post by Henriqu » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

 - Where can I ask questions about: TeX, MusiXTeX, postscript, printers,

EPSON LQ-1170/ESCP2, ghostscript ?
 - How can I use a \leftrightrepeat that draws two dots, thin line,
thick line, thin line, two dots,
instead of two dots, thick line, thick line, two dots ?

1. Linux: Noteedit v1.3: export MusiXTeX

Version 1.3.0 of the  note editor on Linux (GPL, very beta) is ready:

http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~ja/noteedit/noteedit.html

New features
============

export MusiXTeX

Other Properties
=================

   * insertion/deletion/modification of notes, rests, dotted notes, slured
     notes, clefs, time signatures, key signatures, beamed notes, triplets on different staffs;
   * building accords, undo, block copy, block delete,multi staff block copy,
     multi staff block delete;
   * playing on /dev/sequencer (if correctly configured) whereby:
        o giving each staff a different voice;
        o giving each staff a different channel;
        o highlighting the played notes;
        o setting midi tempo;
   * saving an restoring the files. The file format is similarily to the
     format of the music publication program (MUP):
        http://www.arkkra.com
     So you if you are a MUP user you have the possibility to convert
     the files into Midi and Postscript.

Because it is a Qt program I plan to transform it into a KDE
application (if ther is enough interest).

Planned
=======

*export Midi
*import Midi
*transpose

Conditions
==========

The program is tested on S.u.S.E.-Linux 6.2, Qt-2.0.2-13, and sound card
AWE-64. I used egcs-2.91.66.

You need the following packages:

   * g++ compiler
   * X11 (include and libraries)
   * Qt (include and libraries)

recommended:

   * LibKMid; see http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa/libkmid.html

You can compile the program without LibKMid. But in this case an

        #include /usr/src/linux/include/linux/soundcard.h

occurs which can cause a lot of machine/sound card depencies. Therefore if
your sound doesn't work and you are sure Midi works on your machine (you use
KMid successfully) then try compilation with LibKMid!
--

2. sorry testing