How to find services on a win2k computer?

How to find services on a win2k computer?

Post by nickw.. » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:05:05

   I'm using samba2.0.6-9 on my RH6.2 computer and when I use
"smbclent -L 192.168.1.4(it's a win2k computer)",it ask me for password and I don't know whether should I input a password and input whose password.So I just type "Enter" and the win2k computer shows no services are provided. In fact, I know there are services and I can use "smbclient //server/service -U username%password" to logon.
   I just want to know how to get to know the services provided as so does on a win98 computer.
   Thank you.
   Any related suggestions are appreciated.

Linux Programmer's Site

How to find services on a win2k computer?

Post by The Spoo » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 07:27:48

Quote:

>   I'm using samba2.0.6-9 on my RH6.2 computer and when I use
>"smbclent -L 192.168.1.4(it's a win2k computer)",it ask me for password and

I don't know whether should I input a password and input whose password.So I
just type "Enter" and the win2k computer shows no services are provided. In
fact, I know there are services and I can use "smbclient
file://server/service -U username%password" to logon.
Quote:>   I just want to know how to get to know the services provided as so does

on a win98 computer.

Quote:>   Thank you.
>   Any related suggestions are appreciated.

>Linux Programmer's Site

On Windows systems, your username (and often your password too) is
automatically sent with every request for some service -- this is not true
for Linux, where your should provide it yourself (or wrap the program into a
script that provides the username for you). For smbclient to work correctly,
you?ll have to provide a username like "smbclient -L 192.168.1.4 -U user".
You're still prompted for a password and should provide "user"'s.

  /TRY

How to find services on a win2k computer?

Post by 61.155.111.82 [nickw.. » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 12:14:17

Thanks very much!!
And I've heard that samba-2.0.X sometimes cann't work normaly with win2k computer. I also noticed the sentence in a samba site:

"I have not tried it myself but have heard others say that Windows 2000 logon does not work to a Samba 2.0.x PDC. Apparently TNG will do Win2000 logins. If you must have Win2000 then you have little choice... I would be interested to hear other peoples experiences with Win2000. "

Is it true?

> >   I'm using samba2.0.6-9 on my RH6.2 computer and when I use
> >"smbclent -L 192.168.1.4(it's a win2k computer)",it ask me for password and
> I don't know whether should I input a password and input whose password.So I
> just type "Enter" and the win2k computer shows no services are provided. In
> fact, I know there are services and I can use "smbclient
> file://server/service -U username%password" to logon.
> >   I just want to know how to get to know the services provided as so does
> on a win98 computer.
> >   Thank you.
> >   Any related suggestions are appreciated.

> >Linux Programmer's Site

> On Windows systems, your username (and often your password too) is
> automatically sent with every request for some service -- this is not true
> for Linux, where your should provide it yourself (or wrap the program into a
> script that provides the username for you). For smbclient to work correctly,
> you?ll have to provide a username like "smbclient -L 192.168.1.4 -U user".
> You're still prompted for a password and should provide "user"'s.

>   /TRY

Linux Programmer's Site

1. Find Computer finds computer, but Network Neighborhood doesn't

Hi all,

My Network Neighborhood often displays all compters in my LAN correctly
(3x W98, 1x Linux) but every now and then looses sight of some or all
computers , while Find Computer in most cases is able to retrieve. The
problem occured under W95 and reappeared after a fresh W98 installation.
Sometimes I get Network Inaccessible errors. Could this be a hardware
problem?

cross posting: comp.os.linux.networking and
comp.os.ms-windows.networking

Thanks for any suggestions,

Peter Bootsma

2. Installation problems

3. Printing to shared printer on win2k computer

4. How do I track # of child process's

5. access to shared folders in a win2k server or computer network

6. logrotate and file name

7. Accessing shared ressources on win2K computers over LAN

8. mmap and exec

9. UNIX print services on win2k

10. Windows 2000 has 63,000 bugs - Win2k.html [0/1] - Win2k.html [1/1]

11. Windows 2000 has 63,000 bugs - Win2k.html [0/1] - Win2k.html [0/1]

12. win2k + linux: how to boot from win2k os loader

13. Win2k to Win2k VPN failing via ipchains