LILO - Can I add a command line argument to /etc/lilo.conf?

LILO - Can I add a command line argument to /etc/lilo.conf?

Post by Rod Tro » Tue, 26 Apr 1994 08:17:19

Howdy,

I own a Soundblaster 16 SCSI-2 card.  To boot the Adaptec SCSI controller
on that card I must interrupt LILO's auto loading and pass it a command
line argument.

Is it possible to add that argument to lilo.conf?  And if so, under
which I entry should I place it (root, boot, etc)?

Thanks.

Roll Tide,
Rod
--
--PGP 2.3 Public Key Available (finger me or ask for it)
If you yell try : Rod Troch                  | Zeta Beta Tau

Rutgers University - Faculty of Arts and Sciences / History Dept.
                   - Microcomputer Analyst (Network Admin)

LILO - Can I add a command line argument to /etc/lilo.conf?

Post by CHRISTOPHER D DUK » Tue, 26 Apr 1994 12:28:41

I would suggest recompiling the kernel with the options you need
to get the card to work as the defaults.
--
"Very Pete Townshendish." "Who?" "Exactly."

Post by Mike Grupenho » Tue, 26 Apr 1994 13:21:07

>Is it possible to add that argument to lilo.conf?  And if so, under
>which I entry should I place it (root, boot, etc)?

  You can place extra parameters after the APPEND keyword.  For example, to
  force the wd driver to use irq 12 for my ethernet card, I have

  APPEND = "ether=12,0x300,eth0"

  in my lilo config file.  Note that this doesn't work for older versions of
  lilo, so make sure yours is current.
--
Mike Grupenhoff