cant get to kde

Post by josh » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

linux is booting to console
i try to execute kde but it lists a bunch of x server errors
how do i get it to boot to kde from console
(a way to get to kde from consle would be enough)

cant get to kde

Post by Marcel Po » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

> linux is booting to console
> i try to execute kde but it lists a bunch of x server errors
> how do i get it to boot to kde from console
> (a way to get to kde from consle would be enough)

In your .xinitrc (in your homedirectory) you can set a line at the
end:
exec startkde

Then you can type at the prompt startx

******************           __   _
/   Marcel Pol   /          / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
/                /         / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /

******************
SuSE 6.3  Kernel 2.2.13
Don't visit http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/marcelpol

This sig is stolen.
But it was released under GNU, wasn't it?

cant get to kde

Post by Phil » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

or try  desktopcfg or switchdesk at the command prompt

Quote:> linux is booting to console
> i try to execute kde but it lists a bunch of x server errors
> how do i get it to boot to kde from console
> (a way to get to kde from consle would be enough)

> --

cant get to kde

Post by josh » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

thax got it back already though

1. Getting KDE 1.1.2 and KDE 2.0 Beta 1 to co-exist

I read an article a few weeks ago (I believe via the www.kde.org site)
that detailed
how to install KDE 2.0 Beta so that it co-existed with KDE 1.1.2 and
allowed
users to switch back and forth and select which to use when logging in
via GDM.
I can't find the article and I neglected to save it.

Does anyone have a link or copy of this?

Thanks,

Peter
--

2. How to set NOECHO on ttyp0?

3. KDE 2.0 and killustrator (why gets KDE 1...)?

4. Access email by POP3 stored in 'apache' user account?

5. KDE Error: kwm cant resolve symbol : _vt.7QSlider

6. What is a good site for Linux Kernel news and information?

7. cant get KDE Kppp to work for ordinary user

8. Xterm Keyboard Problem on HP Terminal

9. I cant chose KDE

10. KDE cant' connect to PPP ???

11. cant get KDE Kppp to work on ordinary user

12. cant start kde

13. Cant compile: Missing KDE header files ???