zmodem resume under linux

Post by Mudd » Thu, 18 May 1995 04:00:00

I was wondering if  there is a way to resume a download using zmodem
under linux.  If there is what are the switches that I need to use.

Thanks

Jason Smith

zmodem resume under linux

Post by Andrew R. Tef » Sat, 20 May 1995 04:00:00

>I was wondering if  there is a way to resume a download using zmodem
>under linux.  If there is what are the switches that I need to use.

In the version of rz that I have, if you type 'rz -h' it seems to say
that nothin special needs to be done on the receiving end, as long
as the sending end is told to resume.

--

1. Minicom for Linux, resuming zmodem?

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it:  I'm trying to get Minicom
(that came with SLS 1.03) to resume interrupted transfers using Zmodem,
but when I send the file (using sz -rr file) then instruct MC to
receive, the rz seems to just append the whole file to the end of
the interrupted one, not starting at the right place.  I even got and
compiled sz from wuarchive.wustl.edu in /systems/unix-c/xyzmodem
and tried that, but to no avail.  Am I missing something?

Anyone who has had success with resuming interrupted transfers,
I'd appreciate any pointers -- email please..

  Thanks,

2. Netra t1 1405 Jumpstart hang.

3. Zmodem Resume Transfer option for Linux

4. AUGH!

5. Zmodem Won't Resume????

6. Unix Programming FAQ (v1.19)

7. Zmodem Resume transfer

8. LTP-20030206

9. How to resume an interrupted download using Zmodem...

10. minicom/zmodem/resume/verbose

11. zmodem auto resume? how?

12. rz/zmodem: tip session, escape to local 'rz' for zmodem download

13. Using zmodem inside ssh -- linux 2 linux