Does Linux support Specialix Multiport Cards?

Does Linux support Specialix Multiport Cards?

Post by Robert Rei » Wed, 19 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hello!

Someone I know wants to connect approx. 16 to 30 modems (dialin/dialout) to
his Linux box and already has a Multiport card that doesn't work. Specialix
cards (the intelligent type) seem to work under SCO, so I thought, maybe
someone who had a similar problem knows what to do or even (wildest dreams)
has wrote a HOWTO about it.

Any ideas or information are welcome to

:-)

Bye!

P.S.: How do you accelerate an SGI? By 9.81 m^2/s.

1. Multiport serial boards: Specialix not supported by Linux....

Hi,
I hope to help you posting this article, saving you a lot of time..really!!!
I have bought a Specialix SI/XIO -Host to use it with modem for incoming
calls through ppp.
The Hardware howto tells that this Multiport serial board is supported by
Linux and you have to use the sidrv0.5.8 written by Simon Allen...
.well after thousand of tries i'm sorry to tell you that it doesn't work..
The real problem is this:
If a process is started by someone on a dev of the Specialix (I tried with
pppd)
.this process does NOT kill itself after the connection is terminated..
this is because the process can't received the SIGHUP signal!!!
this lack (I think..) comes from the driver...I tried to modify it(there are
man
I hope that someone(..maybe Simon Allen?)..will try to make a better driver
saving to people time and MONEY!!!

        Davide Carnevali

        or

P.S. Until the driver is not ready (and TESTED!), i think it is better
to remove the Specialx as a supported Multiport serial board from
the Linux Howto and other documenatation.

If someone knows that i'm failing..please TELLE ME!

2. Wifi on CentOS

3. FS Specialix RIO card and 16 port Remote Terminal Adapter (multiport serial adapter)

4. X won't start

5. Specialix Multiport on Linux 2.0?

6. Pointer prüfen?

7. LINUX and Arnet 8 port multiport serial card, supported?

8. Prob with X programs finding Library

9. Specialix I/O 8+ 8-port card support ??

10. drivers for my Specialix multiport SI IO/8+

11. specialix multiport board

12. Specialix multiport

13. Multiport serial cards VS multiport USB hubs.