VNC viewer, scrolling in wheel mouse work?

VNC viewer, scrolling in wheel mouse work?

Post by Peter Pe » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:58:59

I am using redhat 7.1, if running kde locally,
I can use the wheel mouse middle scrolling by using IMPS/2 protocol
is it possible to use the wheel in the windows VNC viewer connect to this
machine?!

VNC viewer, scrolling in wheel mouse work?

Post by Michael Lee Yoh » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 04:37:32

Quote:> I can use the wheel mouse middle scrolling by using IMPS/2 protocol
> is it possible to use the wheel in the windows VNC viewer connect to
> this machine?!

No - it's not.

--

Software Developer, Engineering Services
Red Hat, Inc.

QUIPd 0.12:
-> If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.
-> But this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine,
-> is somehow ennobled and none dare criticize it.
-> - Anonymous

Post by Rinaldi J. Montess » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 09:18:44

>> I can use the wheel mouse middle scrolling by using IMPS/2 protocol
>> is it possible to use the wheel in the windows VNC viewer connect to
>> this machine?!

> No - it's not.

I beg to differ.  Works here.  Unless I misunderstood.  I am
viewing/using a headless (redundancy) win 98 box from linux and the
scroll works.  Thumb button does not.

Rinaldi
--
Windows 2001: "I'm sorry Dave ...  I'm afraid I can't do that."
-Colonel in fa.linux.kernel

VNC viewer, scrolling in wheel mouse work?

Post by Eggert Ehmk » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 19:45:53

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:18:44 GMT, "Rinaldi J. Montessi"

>I beg to differ.  Works here.  Unless I misunderstood.  I am
>viewing/using a headless (redundancy) win 98 box from linux and the
>scroll works.  Thumb button does not.

That's the other way round. Server on Linux, viewer on WinNT --> does not
work.

--
Eggert Ehmke

VNC viewer, scrolling in wheel mouse work?

Post by Michael Lee Yoh » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 04:27:45

Quote:>>I beg to differ.  Works here.  Unless I misunderstood.  I am
>>viewing/using a headless (redundancy) win 98 box from linux and the
>>scroll works.  Thumb button does not.

> That's the other way round. Server on Linux, viewer on WinNT --> does
> not work.

Thank you for confirming my answer.  I wish some people actually read
the content of the message and the context of the threads as they were
meant to have been understood.

--

Software Developer, Engineering Services
Red Hat, Inc.

QUIPd 0.12:
-> You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going,
-> because you might not get there.
-> - Yogi Berra

Post by Rinaldi J. Montess » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 09:42:52

>>>I beg to differ.  Works here.  Unless I misunderstood.  I am
>>>viewing/using a headless (redundancy) win 98 box from linux and the
>>>scroll works.  Thumb button does not.

>> That's the other way round. Server on Linux, viewer on WinNT --> does
>> not work.

> Thank you for confirming my answer.  I wish some people actually read
> the content of the message and the context of the threads as they were
> meant to have been understood.

And perhaps your mastery of the subtleties of the English language is
better than mine.  Thank you for the clarification.

I believe I did mention the possibility of a misunderstanding.

Ciao

Rinaldi
--
Windows 2001: "I'm sorry Dave ...  I'm afraid I can't do that."
-Colonel in fa.linux.kernel

1. optical mouse scroll wheel doesn't work

Hi,
Just bought a no-name "4D Optical Mouse" (5-button) and tried different
configuration under Linux. The best I could achieve was a behavior like a
normal 3-button mouse. The section in my XF86Config looks like this:
-------------------------
Section "Pointer"
  Protocol              "MouseManPlusPS/2"
  Device                "/dev/psaux"
  SampleRate            60
  BaudRate              1200
EndSection
------------------------
The mouse is now connected to the PS/2 port. It can also be connected to an
USB, which I tried, but then it works only on the console. :-(

Any idea how to get the wheel button and even the both side buttons to work?
I run SuSE-Linux 7.2 and KDE 2.2.1.

--
Best regards,
Klaus

2. Maxtor 850 is read when using MiniLinux

3. how to get the mouse scroll-wheel thing working

4. Installation of SIS 6502 Video config on Red Hat 3.0.3

5. Help needed: scroll wheel on mouse doesn't work

6. awk or sed question

7. Anyone using Gateway machines w/Wheel Mouse in X get wheel to work?

8. aout libs dead in 4.0-RELEASE?

9. Microsoft wheel mouse wheel button not working.

10. Wheel mouse, wheel does not work

11. Caldera 2.2 and Logitech First Mouse + (w/ Wheel) and MS Wheel Mouse

12. Mouse with scrolling wheel

13. OT, cygwin rxvt wheel-mouse scroll