Setting Rx mode to 3 adresses

Post by Peter Nobe » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

i was wondering why when booting i get following messages...

eth0: Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses
eth0: Setting Rx mode to 2 addresses
eth0: Setting Rx mode to 3 addresses

I'm not running multiple ip's on one nic...  I suspect the last two
entries are provoced by the atalkd...  Anyone an idea...?

Peter Nobels, support Roularta Media Group.
Anti-Spam : Remove NOSPAM to reply

1. setting rx mode to 1 adresses

Hy,

i've an old 486 with linux, an 3c509 card wich is recognized but i can't
ping anything over my small 3 network machines.

I noticed that when i shutdown my eth0(ifconfig eth0 down), the LED on the
card light on. When i restart it(ifconfig eth0 up) it lights off and i get
the error message:
    eth0: setting rx mode to 0 addresses
    eth0: setting rx mode to 1 addresses

Do you know where the problem is?

2. 3COM Etherlink III PCI board SNAP Disk

3. Error message: Set Rx mode to 1 addresses ???Hi

4. Another Dumb Question

5. 3c905 100Mbps: RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR?

6. Its Thursday again MS Lovers...

7. Set Rx mode to 0 addresses

8. Help with Yggdrasil + GW2K P5/60 + Mitsumi Cdrom Drive install

9. ifconfig: set Rx mode to 1 addresses

10. eth0: Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses

11. eth0: Set Rx mode to 1 addresses

12. Q: eth0:Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses - huh?

13. RX-ERR and RX-DROP