FTP between dual-boot win95 & linux?

Post by P. Chatterto » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have a dual-boot win95/linux.
How do i move files between them?
Thanks,
Peter.

FTP between dual-boot win95 & linux?

Post by Prateek Sadhukha » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

    peter> I have a dual-boot win95/linux.  How do i move files
    peter> between them?  Thanks, Peter.

generally linux has support for fat filesystem. why dont you simply
mount the windows partition and copy the files.

regards
prateek

FTP between dual-boot win95 & linux?

Post by Nick Ro » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

man mount

Quote:>I have a dual-boot win95/linux.
>How do i move files between them?
>Thanks,
>Peter.

http://www.bigfoot.com/~nick.roux

* I finally got my head together, *
* now my body is falling apart    *

Post by Kichi Leun » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>I have a dual-boot win95/linux.
>How do i move files between them?
>Thanks,
>Peter.

Just mount your Win95 partition in linux, using the command:
   mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/win95
This mounts your Win95 partition (assuming it has the fat16 filesystem; see man
mount for details) /dev/hda1 in a directory /mnt/win95 (create it before
entering the mount command if it doesn't already exist).

Then cd /mnt/win95 and transfer all the filez you want. =)

Post by Thomas Feuerstac » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> >I have a dual-boot win95/linux.
> >How do i move files between them?
> >Thanks,
> >Peter.

> Just mount your Win95 partition in linux, using the command:
>    mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/win95
> This mounts your Win95 partition (assuming it has the fat16 filesystem; see man
> mount for details) /dev/hda1 in a directory /mnt/win95 (create it before
> entering the mount command if it doesn't already exist).

> Then cd /mnt/win95 and transfer all the filez you want. =)

please note, you must have root-authority to do this.

regards - ThF

1. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

Hi:

I've got a 266 PII PC with one EIDE hard-drive with Win95 installed.  I want
to add a second EIDE hard drive (probably around 4-6 Gb) and install RH
Linux 5.1 plus some other Linux s/w (like Oracle8.0.5 pre-production
release!  Yew!).  I want to be able to choose which O/S (ie. which
hard-drive) I boot from at power-on.  I'm not real good with hardware and
low-level stuff.  Do I need to purchase a good boot-loader?  Is there one
that anyone would recommend that works very well and is simple (and safe!)
to install for choosing boot between Linux and Win95?

Doubly thankful if you would respond via email as well as posting here!

Thanks and regards,
Dave

2. lilo and 2*EIDE and 2*SCSI bootproblem

3. info on ping between win98 and linux

4. Yet Another Linux/Win95 Dual-Boot Hopeful

5. Install question - newbie- Laptop

6. Dual boot w/LILO: Linux(hda) & win95(hdc)

7. how to force tulip to NOT auto-negotiate?

8. Dual-boot problem: Win95 and Linux

9. Help! Dual-boot Linux/Win95

10. Newbie: Dual Booting Win95 & Linux

11. Linux + Win95 dual-boot