Planet Connect and Linux?

Post by Robert C. Bullo » Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Where could I find a program to work with Planet Connect and Linux? It's
be GREAT to be able to do all my mail and news with tin/elm instead of
the BBS. It uses the same format in it's .BAG files as PageSat, so I'll
assume that anything that works for it will work with PlanetConnect's too.

-Robert

1. ??? Worldgroup/Linux and Planet Connect ???

I'm installing a Worldgroup/Linux BBS that is replacing an existing PCBoard
system. I have the PCBoard system integrated with my Planet Connect satellite
receiver system pretty well, but now I want to move Planet Connect connectivity
to Worldgroup/Linux.

Is anyone using the Worldgroup/Linux & Planet Connect combo? If so, are there
any config tips/scripts/executable recommendations, etc, with which you might
enlighten me? I've got to be able to perform file area tic'ing, fido echo
import/export, and usenet newsgroup import.

Thanks in advance, folks. This promises to be a pretty painful configuration
headache, and any help is *really* appreciated.

Keith

2. X problems on a B&W G3

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. Ultra5 terminal_type parameter for jumpstart

5. John Walker's Home Planet or Linux equivalent

6. "talk" and "ntalk"

7. Planet Linux

8. asynchrone I/O

9. Planet Wireless Adapter (wl-8300) and Linux

10. Linux programmers dont live on this planet!

11. Planet Linux

12. Einwahl mit Linux bei PLANET-INTERKOM?

13. Beginner questions: Linux for Embedded Planet RPX Lite boards