First Issue of the "Brave GNU World", the monthly GNU column, is online now

First Issue of the "Brave GNU World", the monthly GNU column, is online now

Post by Brave GNU Worl » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

[Please repost and forward this article widely, wherever it
is appropriate.]

               First Issue of the "Brave GNU World", the
               monthly GNU column, is online now
                                -- Georg Greve

Hi !

The first issue of my "Brave GNU World" column is online now. It can
be found under:

  http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/brave-gnu-world.html
  [ English version ]

  http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/brave-gnu-world-de.html
  [ deutsche Version ]

The "Brave GNU World" is a bilingual (English and German) monthly
column that provides information about internal developments of the
GNU Project and things of importance to the GNU community, while
trying to give insights into the underlying philosophy.

The column is bilingual because the "Linux Magazin", Germany's biggest
GNU/Linux magazine, is printing it.

This column is intended to become a forum for all GNU maintainers,
friends and associates and I am always open to suggestions. So if
you

 * have questions about the GNU Project that might be of general
   interest

 * have a GNU Project and would like to improve its profile

 * would like to start a GNU Project you are looking for people to
   start it with

 * think something doesn't get the publicity it deserves

 * would like to see something made public

send mail to:

The first issue covers the following topics:

 *  short introduction
 *  GPKCS-11
 *  Shred,
 *  Renaming of the LGPL
 *  Autoconf

Regards,

                Georg Greve

--

"One smaller motivation which, in part, stems from altruism is
Microsoft-bashing."            - Vinod Valloppillil (Microsoft)

First Issue of the "Brave GNU World", the monthly GNU column, is online now

Post by Terry Port » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>[Please repost and forward this article widely, wherever it
>is appropriate.]

>               First Issue of the "Brave GNU World", the
>               monthly GNU column, is online now
>                            -- Georg Greve

>Hi !

>The first issue of my "Brave GNU World" column is online now. It can
>be found under:

>  http://www.veryComputer.com/
>  [ English version ]

>  http://www.veryComputer.com/
>  [ deutsche Version ]

<snip>
>The first issue covers the following topics:

> *  short introduction
> *  GPKCS-11
> *  Shred,
> *  Renaming of the LGPL
> *  Autoconf

>Regards,

>            Georg Greve

In case anyone doesnt know, Georg is the famed author of "Xlogmaster" a
truly useful X app, whose purpose is to allow the more paranoid amongst us
to relax while on the net, knowing all devious portscanners and crackers will
be logged and xlogmaster will pop up a window for us to see them at work :)))

Kudo's to  Georg :))) I'm truly * without my Xlogmaster !!!

terry
--

   My Computer is powered by GNU-LINUX, and has been
 up 3 days 13 hours 26 minutes