crc error ... PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Post by Simone Semprin » Thu, 02 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        I have a problem with my RedHat distribution of linux;
        I finished succesfully the installation process and rebooted
        my PC, well always seemed right, I mean that the linux system
        started and everything went fot the best.
        Then I turned my PC off and after a while I decided to use linux again
        but when I tried to boot linux from LILO I got the following :

                crc error
                system halted

        I tried and tried but it was always the same.
        I reinstalled everything and again the system worked the first time but not
        after I turned the PC off.

Could someone help me, please ?
I never had such problem with my previus linux installation, could it be because
this time the linux partition is on the slave disk ?
I registered LILO in the masterboot sector buecause it is the only way
it works with my system.

1. Please Help! Slackware Boot Disk CRC Error

: I have InfoMagic's Aug 95 Linux CD set, and am trying to install
: Slackware.  I have a Mitsumi CD-ROM, so am using the Mitsumi
: boot disk image.  When I try to boot with the disk (which I have
: recreated several times without errors), it runs for awhile and then
: gives me the following message:

: boot:
: Uncompressing Linux... large kernel, low 1M tight...

: crc error

:   -- System halted

: Does anyone have ideas as to why I am getting this message and what
: I can do to get rid of it?  Any comments are appreciated.

reformat the floppy drive ON THE MACHINE that will read it afterwards. Then copy the contents on it again.
That usually fixes it for me.

 Christoph Lameter            FTS Box 466, Pasadena, CA 91182
 Internet Administrator       Who is like Jesus... who is like God...?

2. kde2.2 and second monitor

3. PLEASE HELP ! (CRC or invalid format error!)

4. Keyboard mapping

5. Help: "crc error" on boot.

6. Looking for PD NFS

7. CRC error SYSTEM HALTED -Help

8. Term200*: Where?

9. Help tracking down source of packets with CRC errors

10. HELP!! CRC error when loading Linux

11. CRC - error SYSTEM HALTED : HELP

12. crc error and cpu context corrupt errors

13. Install Error: Boot Disk Gives crc error