how to install sound card and ethernet card?

how to install sound card and ethernet card?

Post by bob » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I read all the reference, still can not install
new card.
1. soundcard: Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI
2. NIC: 10/100 Fast Ethernet PCI Adapters
   manufacure unknown, just from Taiwan.

althout I re-compile kernel, no use.

all these two work well in Win98

1. installing sound card prevents ethernet card detection

I installed Redhat Linux on an old 486 PC and it worked fine. My NE 2000 ISA
ethernet card was detected and configured.  I then was able to find an old
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Pro ISA lying around and used the sndconfig
utility with RedHat to set it up.   The sound card worked fine but my Ne
2000 ethernet card was no longer detected?  The ethernet card was using IRQ
3 and port 0x300 and my sound card was set to IRQ 7 and port 0x220.  I was
unable to see any conflicts? I then tried using the kernald program that
comes with RedKat to set up my NE2000 again.  It just had a message
'delaying eth0 initialization' during startup.

I got both cards working with Win95 with the Soundcard using I/O 220-22F and
388-38B using IRQ=7 and DMA=1and the NE2000 using 300-31F (I am confused why
win95 does not list an IRQ, but it works?)

Anyway any ideas how to get both cards workinging Linux ... I really would
hate to use Win95 just to have both cards work.

2. Kicker dcop error

3. Can't identify Ethernet card, sound card, and monitor

4. Users can't ftp in

5. PCMCIA Ethernet Card Driver Problem - SMC EZ Card 10/100 PC Card

6. Netscape Navigator shutdown my X windows

7. Installing Roland Rap-10 midi card and C-media CM8330 sound card

8. x question

9. How can I install the sound card and network card

10. OT: Are Cardbus Fast Ethernet cards REALLY FASTER than PCMCIA Fast Ethernet cards

11. 3COM ethernet card and NE2000 ethernet card

12. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

13. Possible Faqs on Sound cards <I have read the Sound card How 2>