swish suddenly Seg faults

Post by Stunt Pop » Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:00:00

One of my linux boxes, running 1.2.30 I've got swish running every
hour in the crontab, re-indexing a website on the box. A couple days
ago I started seeing output on the console that looked like something
you would see in a panic (but it wasn't), and running swish by
hand resulted in a segmentation fault. Recompiled it, same deal.

Tried the magic reboot, it's been fine ever since.

I'm just curious if anyone else ran into something similar.

|||| mark jeftovic    SysAdmin  |||||  http://www.veryComputer.com/~markjr  ||||
|||| p r i v a t e    w o r l d |||||  http://www.veryComputer.com/.*.shmOOze.net ||||
     Get out when you want it.         It gets harder once you need it.

1. suddenly Seg Faults on exit of gcc-compiled bins, and on gnu Make's

everything was going fine until around the time i decided to implement
shared modules on apache, and wen't to recompile it (it had compiled
fine). it seemed to me the gnu make wanted the gnu ld, so i went to add
binutils and got a make error on that package,. now, none of the
packages i was able to make can make without the Seg Faults (messages
like "your compiler cannot generate executables" "libXa.o not found").
now, when i compile my single-threaded c-code, the programs execute but
they generate a Seg Fault error on exit, causing me a problem with any
disk i/o in the buffer.

does anyone have any clue what's happening here? naively (i'm somewhat
a novice) it seems to be an interaction with the shell or the
environment. but, i went back to my old environment and it still makes
the errors. however, the old executables (not since recompiled) work
fine without the error.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. gdb and xxgdb

3. Compiling *** VIM 5.3 *** Segmentation Fault..what is Seg-Fault..MEM Bounds?

4. PS2 L40SX and Linux......

5. Suddenly stop linking with segmentation fault in SGI

6. boot image problem (ftp install)

7. ps -axf seg fault Redhat 4.0

8. Netscape communicator using 60% CPU

9. Seg fault

10. ELF binaries seg fault under built kernels?

11. seg-fault in p_mutex_lock on HPUX 11

12. Why do I get a seg fault

13. R5 compiled seg. faults using R6