Dual boot problem Win98SE/Suse6.2

Post by Stev » Mon, 25 Feb 2002 05:46:41

    I'm a relative neophyte to Linux, so treat me gently.

    I've got a dual boot Win98SE/Suse6.2 system working (using System
Commander). However, I've encountered one annoying problem, I can boot into
either OS with no problems. The trouble is, whenever I exit from Linux, the
primary Fat32 Windows partition (where System Commander resides) is rendered
inactive and hidden, hence the system will not boot into System Commander. I
can get round this (using Ranish Patition Manager is the easiest), however I
havn't got a clue whether its Linux/Lilo that is hiding the primary
partition or Sytem Commander itself and have no idea what to do about it.

    Please, does anyone have any ideas.

    Regards
    Steve.

1. Dual Booting with Win98Se

Hi,

I am new to linux, and have decided to dual boot my pc to run both Linux and
Win98 so I can get the hang of Linux for a while before running it by
itself.

I can't seem to get the install right?  The LILO doesn't write to the MBR?

I have a 20Gb Disk drive set up as follows:

15GB - Win98SE Partition
32MB - Linux Boot Partition
128MB - Swap Partition
4.8GB - Linux Root Partition

I have installed Win98 first and tried to install Linux onto the remaining
partitions - files copy ok but the LILO doesn't come up when i restart the
machine.  I have tried both with and without the above boot partition.

Is there an easy way to dual boot windows and linux???  I am not much of an
M$ fan, but would like to run both until I become more accustomed to Linux.

Any help on setting up a dual boot system would be appreciated.

Thanks
Neville Valentic

2. Alias doesn't work under X ???

3. REDHAT Linux and Win98SE Dual Boot?

4. ftp problems

5. REDHAT Liunx and Win98SE Dual Boot?

6. B&W G3, LinuxPPC anmd startx

7. dual-HD, dual-boot problem ... booting Win98 fails on hdb

8. Netscape with Term?

9. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

10. Dual boot networked to dual boot

11. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

12. aha2940u2w fails with rh61,62 suse6.4, ok w/rh6 and suse6.2

13. booting problems: linux dual boot