I need to change the IP address

Post by emeral » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

I have never worked with linux before, however the company I work for has
linux setup for webserver (the person who set this up has left the
company).  I need to change the IP and gateway and I can't find any
information on howto do this.  Can someone help me

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

Post by olivier eymer » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

> I have never worked with linux before, however the company I work for has
> linux setup for webserver (the person who set this up has left the
> company).  I need to change the IP and gateway and I can't find any
> information on howto do this.  Can someone help me

>                   http://www.searchlinux.com

Read the man page for ifconfig.  That will give you the basics.  For
more information about linux networking read:
        http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/NET-3-HOWTO.html
        http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Networking-Overview-HOWTO.html

Most distributions have a GUI network configurator, you might want to
check into that too.