screwy font scaling with tt fonts

Post by Ryan » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 02:31:30

I have this same exact problem on every computer I have recently put
true type fonts on.

Here's a screen shot
http://www.veryComputer.com/*edupfonts.png

Half the fonts are huge, and some are way tinier than they should be.
All the fonts that are the correct size are not ttf fonts.  I have
looked everywhere and cannot find anything out about this.  I have
installed ttf fonts from multiple sources, tried different versions of
freetype2, compiled X4.2 against different versions of freetype2,
compiled X4.2 with the version of freetype2 included with it, etc.

tia,
Ryan

1. @#%^&ed up font scaling with ttf fonts

http://tempestgames.com/ryan/fuckedupfonts.png

Half the fonts are huge, and some are way tinier than they should be.
All the fonts that are the correct size are not ttf fonts.  I have
looked everywhere and cannot find anything out about this.  I have
installed ttf fonts from multiple sources, tried different versions of
freetype2, compiled X4.2 against different versions of freetype2,
compiled X4.2 with the version of freetype2 included with it, etc.

tia,
Ryan

2. SSH question

3. FONTS FONTS AND MORE FONTS

4. Why can't su ?

5. FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!

6. Install X11

7. RedHat-6.0 xfs-setup for TT-Fonts ?

8. Solution to Mach64 problem

9. TT Fonts in Netscape

10. Why isn't char \222 (tt font server) available from X?

11. Auto start TT font server?

12. Xinerama has made my Mozilla fonts go screwy!

13. Type1/TT fonts not recognized by mkfontdir/ttmkfdir