Driver for ATI XPERT 98 AGP card?

Post by Lam Dan » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Please tell me which XFree86 driver supports the
8-meg ATI XPERT 98 AGP video card.

I'm running XFree86 3.3.1 (which came with
Slackware 3.4) on other boxes (kernel version
2.1.109 and Number Nine S3 Virge video cards).

I have a related question.  Since I don't know
which driver to use, I'm running my new box in
console mode.  This box is similar to the others
except for the AGP video card.  Screen blanking
doesn't work.  Sometimes the top third of the
screen gets blanked out and reappears when a key
is hit.  I've tried the setterm command but it
doesn't help.

Any advice will be appreciated.

--
Lam Dang

Post by Lam Dan » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> get the latest www.xfree86.org driver kit and use MACH64.

> ie, run XF86Setup and choose the ATI xpert card (keep picking ONE card until
> ONE of them works for you, from the list).

> : Please tell me which XFree86 driver supports the
> : 8-meg ATI XPERT 98 AGP video card.

I tried both the Mach64 driver and the SVGA driver
from 3.3.2.  The Mach64 driver had problems,
possibly due to my setup.  It displayed extra
characters when I did an ls command in a window.

The SVGA driver had no problems which I could
see.  But it still didn't do screen blanking.  I
think I can have screensavers with xdm.  If I
don't use xdm (and use xinit to start an X
session), how can I specify a screensaver?

Thanks for your help.

--
Lam Dang

1. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the either of these cards with
RedHat 5.2 or xfree86 3.3.2.  On RH's compatibility list it says the

What I would really like to know is this : is there a difference between

with RH 5.2.  Any suggestions of other relatively cheap (around $50) video
cards that are agp and work with RH 5.2 (out of the box) would be really
appreciated.
Dan Finn

2. Is there lpd/lpr software support for laserjet simplex/duplex options?

3. ATI Xpert 98 AGP card OK?

4. Harddisk failure

5. Video card driver for 'ATI XPERT@PLAY 98'

6. libXm.so.3 for x86

7. HELP:Xserver HANGUP

8. X display probleams, ATI Xpert 98 AGP, Tatung Monitor HELP!!!!

9. AGP, ATi Xpert 98 8mb

10. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

11. Display probs ATI Xpert 98 AGP, Tatung monitor HELP!!

12. ATI XPERT 98 AGP