HELP !!! RedHat Linux 6.1install problem !!!

HELP !!! RedHat Linux 6.1install problem !!!

Post by Shmulik Ros » Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi !    and tanks for any help !

I'm trying to install RedHat Linux 6.1.
I download the directory  i386 and all its sub's, and I
use loadlin to start the process.
It all worked fine .... disk druild, ...... ,add user, but then
I get a message looks like:

Traceback (innermost last):
    file "/usr/bin/anaconda.real",
line 225, in ?
    intfr.run(todo, test=test)
file "/tmp/lib/python1.5/site-packages/text.py",
    line 1000, in run
    rc=apply (step[1](),step[2])
.
.
.
.and more....

at the end of the message I can choose : debug or exit.

I have no idea what's this means, please help me !
tanks,
Shmulik.

HELP !!! RedHat Linux 6.1install problem !!!

Post by Chris Hedl » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm trying to install RedHat Linux 6.1.
> I download the directory  i386 and all its sub's, and I
> use loadlin to start the process.
> It all worked fine .... disk druild, ...... ,add user, but then
> I get a message looks like:

        ... message snipped ...

Sorry I can't offer you any help with this, but I'd like to add my
voice to the problems encountered with RH6.1 installations: I've
tried it on various machines, but random error messages such as the
one described here tend to halt it half way through with no obvious
way of continuing.  It was a particular pain on my main machine where
the "assumed" X-settings wouldn't work with my graphics card, so I
had to dismantle the machine to use a different card and monitor,
only to have the installation script fail on me all over the place.
Grrr...

Chris.

1. HELP !!! RedHat Linux 6.1install problem !!!

Hi !    and tanks for any help !

I'm trying to install RedHat Linux 6.1.
I download the directory  i386 and all its sub's, and I
use loadlin to start the process.
It all worked fine .... disk druild, ...... ,add user, but then
I get a message looks like:

Traceback (innermost last):
    file "/usr/bin/anaconda.real",
line 225, in ?
    intfr.run(todo, test=test)
file "/tmp/lib/python1.5/site-packages/text.py",
    line 1000, in run
    rc=apply (step[1](),step[2])
.
.
.
.and more....

at the end of the message I can choose : debug or exit.

I have no idea what's this means, please help me !
tanks,
Shmulik.

2. XFree 3.2 and Diamond Edge 3D

3. installing stuff under FreeBSD?

4. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

5. Is the Hawking 10/100 DSL/Cable SOHO Router (model PN9225) Linux and FreeBSD friendly?

6. 5.1install

7. Network

8. Help: Upgrade from Redhat 7.1 to Redhat 7.2 results internet problem

9. LINUX instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!Subject: LINUX , instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!

10. comp.os.linux.hardware, comp.os.linux.redhat, linux.redhat.install

11. NEED HELP !!!Network Problem for RedHAT Linux 4.2

12. Help:: pppd problem with Redhat 5.1 Linux...