How to restart apache webserver on suse linux 7.1?

How to restart apache webserver on suse linux 7.1?

Post by Jan Vandesompel » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:36:04

Hello,

I recently installed Suse7.1 on my system. Since I'm used to work with
Redhat or Mandrake, I don't know how to restart my httpd daemon. In other
distro's you can do so with:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
but in suse this script does not exist.
Does anyone know how I can do this?
Thanx

How to restart apache webserver on suse linux 7.1?

Post by Jan Vandesompel » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:53:53

Sigh.... why not follow a standard....
/etc/init.d/apache restart
Found it...

Quote:> Hello,

> I recently installed Suse7.1 on my system. Since I'm used to work with
> Redhat or Mandrake, I don't know how to restart my httpd daemon. In other
> distro's you can do so with:
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
> but in suse this script does not exist.
> Does anyone know how I can do this?
> Thanx

How to restart apache webserver on suse linux 7.1?

Post by Cray Dry » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 23:47:54

Quote:>Sigh.... why not follow a standard....
>/etc/init.d/apache restart
>Found it...

They are following a standard, which is why it changed, IIRC.  I'm pretty
sure that the startup scripts were restructured a bit in order to more
closely follow the LSB (along with other changes).

--
cray [at]                   org
          silverlight [dot]

How to restart apache webserver on suse linux 7.1?

Post by Wong Ching Kuen Frederic » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 01:10:30

apachectl restart or apachectl graceful

Quote:> Hello,