CPU/mobo temperature monitors?

Post by aar.. » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

 Does anyone know of any linux apps which can monitor a motherboard's
temperature? (or maybe a bizarre perl mod?) I have a mini tower with alot
of 7200 rpm drives and a cdr which I'd like to keep an eye on. Thanks.

Aaron

CPU/mobo temperature monitors?

Post by w??g » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

No, but I use a Gigabyte brand mainboard because of it's hardware monitoring
capabilities.  Model # 586TX2-512, to be specific.  The overheat alarm is
run at a hardware level, so it doesn't matter which OS I happen to be using.
It is very nice.  Because of the way my home's gas heat is routed, sometimes
my office gets hotter than the rest of the house, and when it gets too hot,
my 'puter sounds like a MAC truck in reverse, hehe.  Of course, Windoze
users get an enhanced software-level monitor also.... :-(

> Does anyone know of any linux apps which can monitor a motherboard's
>temperature? (or maybe a bizarre perl mod?) I have a mini tower with alot
>of 7200 rpm drives and a cdr which I'd like to keep an eye on. Thanks.

>Aaron

CPU/mobo temperature monitors?

Post by aar.. » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

: Look for "Linux System Hardware Monitoring" in
: http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/hardware.html

Thank you! It had exactly what I was looking for..

Aaron

1. Monitoring things like CPU temperature, fan speed, etc.

If I'm to believe the Windows 95 utility provided, the motherboard
I've got (an AOpen AX59Pro, with the MVP3 chipset) can provide some
fun bits of information like the CPU fan speed, various voltages, and
the CPU temperature.

Can I get this within Linux?

2. synchronizing time

3. Monitoring CPU Temperature

4. To those who sucessfully use Linux/Xfree86 on a Gateway2000

5. CPU temperature monitoring utility...

6. HELP ! Zombies when running CERN/3.0 httpd

7. CPU temperature monitoring: ACPI or lm-sensors?

8. Dual CPU problem?

9. monitoring CPU temperature

10. How to monitor CPU temperature??

11. Monitoring CPU temperature

12. CPU temperature monitoring

13. command-line program to monitor CPU temperature?