linuxconf causes Segmentation Fault

Post by Michael Robbi » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have installed RedHat 6.0 at home, and it runs just fine.  At
work........

On a fresh install, when running 'linuxconf' (either from console or
X), I get:

        Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Lovely.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the linuxconf (and gnome-linuxconf)
rpms with the same result.  Have completely reinstalled 6.0 three
times with the same results.

Any ideas?  and what is a 'Segmentation Fault' anyway?  Sounds like
memory probs.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

1. Linuxconf Segmentation Fault

I've managed to whack Linuxconf gui and html access.  Gui access was
failing with a segmentation fault.  Var/log/messages reports host
PAM_pwdb[11940]: auth could not identify password for [root].  Html
access worked until I upgraded linuxconf in a vain attempt to fix this.
Now linuxconf daemon also fails on a segmentation fault.  Could really
use some help with this!

--
Kirk Bankes

2. Manual to programming with as (linux assembler)

3. Segmentation faults, gnomerpm, linuxconf

4. Increasing throughput on server sockets via dup?

5. Linuxconf Segmentation Fault

6. VMWare

7. Segmentation faults when run linuxconf

8. Another Triple-Boot scenario

9. linuxconf & segmentation fault

10. linuxconf Segmentation Fault

11. linuxconf segmentation fault

12. xboard causes Segmentation Fault!

13. Xfilemanager causing segmentation fault