Ghostscript & BJ10e

Post by A.M. Shackma » Wed, 10 May 1995 04:00:00

Has anyone managed to print a postscript file with a Cannon BJ10e. When I try the
printer does two linefeeds instead of one so that I end up with the image in
strips. I have tried altering the dip switches but no change. If anyone has what
were the dip switches set at, and what did you type at the command line.

Thanx in advance

Anthony

Ghostscript & BJ10e

Post by Robert Wesley Bingl » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

>Has anyone managed to print a postscript file with a Cannon BJ10e. When I try the
>printer does two linefeeds instead of one so that I end up with the image in
>strips. I have tried altering the dip switches but no change. If anyone has what
>were the dip switches set at, and what did you type at the command line.

>Thanx in advance

>Anthony

Here are the DIP switch settings I use on my 10ex:

        Switch 1: ON            (Sheet feedere enabled)
        Switch 2: OFF           (Graphics image density  = high)
        Switch 3: OFF           (Automatic linefeed = CR only)
        Switch 4: OFF           (Page length 11")
        Switch 5: ON            (Character set 2)
        Switch 6: OFF           (Automatic carriage return = LF only)
        Switch 7; OFF           (Alternate graphics mode disabled)
        Switch 8: OFF           (Receive buffer/download memory size = 37 KB/0 K
B)
        Switch 9: ON            (Codepage 850)
        Switch 10:ON            (Printer control mode 2)

Then you should be able to use the bj10e printer switch without problem.

Rob

             LINUX - That way cool program by that finnish dude

1. Ghostscript vs Canon BJ10e

Here's the story - I've got a BJ10ex printer (yes, getting on a bit now, but
it still works well) which I'd like to make print postscript.  I've used
ghostscript before with a couple of Epson printers (using device epson9, and
a couple of others) and it works nicely.  I thought that getting the BJ10 to
go would be even easier, since there is a specific device for it in
ghostscript.

Not so.  I'm using a command line I got from the Printing-HOWTO, which
worked for the Epsons, but I can't get it to go with the BJ10.  When I try
printing something, the printer beeps, locks up, I have to power-cycle it,
then when it comes up it prints part of the document, beeps, and so on.

Basically what I'm asking is - anyone who has a BJ10 printer working with
ghostscript, could they please post or mail me their command line to make
the damn thing work!

I think my version of ghostscrpt is 2.5.2 or 2.6.2 or something like that
(it's a bit old now) and the only thing I can think of is that the bj10e
driver isn't quite up to scratch.  Alternately, there may be differences
between the BJ10e and the BJ10ex in the printer command sets.  Does anyone
have any comments?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Matthew Palmer          | GE/CS d- s+:+ a--- C++(+++)>$ UL+++ P+ L++ !E

2. hep me??? linux windoze issue?????

3. ghostscript & samba & win95

4. Setting up an ftanonymous account

5. ghostscript & omni print driver & apsfilter

6. Salary Survey Results

7. Ghostscript & BubbleJet & 360dpi?

8. RXVT Problems

9. Cannon BJC-5000 & IntelSolaris7 & Ghostscript

10. ghostscript & samba & win95

13. 没有人用中文吗?