Upgraded 1.0 - upgrade daemon

Post by Kevin Burto » Mon, 25 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I am not sure why (could have been me :( )...  But the header did not
get included in this message.  Without the below users will now know
where to get upgraded scripts.

The original header is from the web page but I trimmed it to be more of
the c.o.l.a style.

Could you please add the below to c.o.l.a

-------

Linux Upgrade Daemon 1.0 (upgraded)

Upgraded will allow a linux (unix) system to be 100% up to date with
the latest PD software.  Currently only ftp sites are supported but in
the future web sites will possibly be supported when directory
browsing is enabled on them.

If you notice any problems feel free to send me e-mail at:

The Linux upgraded home page is loacated at
http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~kburto1/upgraded.html.

 Some examples:

  - WINE (windows emulator) is distributed without posts to
    comp.os.linux.announce.
  - DOSEMU (dos emulator) is distributed the same way.
  - kernel source is distributed the same way.

 Essentially upgraded.pl asks the user for the following information:

  - The site that you want to monitor.
  - The directory on that site that you want to monitor.
  - The time interval that you want to have the site checked.
  - The user to notify when changes are found.
  - The optional login and password.  This can be set to anything.
    anonymous is the default.

 The script will then:

  - Make a directory based on the name of that host.
  - Create ftp scripts in that directory.
  - Gather a "ls -alR" directory listing on the site you provided.
    (assuming it can be connected to).
  - Schedule an "at" command to gather site data based on the recurrent
    interval.

--

1. Upgrading suse 5.2 with kde 1.0 to kde 1.0

On the June CD is kde 1.1 as source tar files.

Can I just install the base system and apps overwtiting the existing files
and then install the suse rpms for the underdevelopment rpms on suse cd.
Will suse detect dependacies as fulfilled if I do this.

Alternatively. I want this for the mod player. I downloaded this and tried
to compile it for redhat but it refued. Make generated a load of error
messages.
I must have the files needed to compile as I did a full install and packages
like xzx and snes9x compile and install ok. Anyone got this working
succesfully or can tell me what may be going wrong

2. TAR device settings problem

3. Upgrading from 1.0

4. Increase MRU to fix NetScape Mail hangs

5. After upgrade to 1.0 I've lost my intelimouse wheel...???

6. HOT POSITION!--Network/Linux Developer

7. upgrading to glibc 2.0.7 for GIMP 1.0

8. Ensoniq PNP, not VIVO - partway there

9. Upgrading from .99p15 to 1.0

10. SLS 1.0 --> 1.02 Upgrade?

11. Upgrade to 1.0?

12. Linux 1.0 upgrade success!

13. Upgrading to Mozilla 1.0 on Mandrake 8.2; dependency fears.