Linux's LPD problem... any newer lpd?

Post by J.S. Wa » Sat, 12 Nov 1994 13:09:07

        After I lpr one file to linux printer server, if the spool is not empty,
I can't lpq it(from other UNIX, as DEC Ultrix, SUNOS). it show me:

linux is down, can't connect....

Is this linux's lpd problem? I use SlackWare 2.0....

thanx for any help...

1. lpd: Fatal error - Cannot bind to lpd port '515'

Hi all,

Well, the subject tells all about my problem. I got one w2k PC with a HP
Laserjet 2100 shared on my network. My PC got RH 8.0 with the LPRng
v3.8-20 installed. Each time I start lpd i get this annoying "answer":

lpd: Fatal error - Cannot bind to lpd port '515'

What I have done is telnet locahost 515, run nmap -sS <my-IP> and
checked all kind of configuration files like hosts, printcap, services,
etc.... All seems to be okay.

What can I do?

Hope someone can help me before I get mad. :-)

Best regards,

Morten Ranheim

2. Linux Gurus- Your Opinon, Please?

3. lpd on commanline does nothing...and it's there at /usr/sbin/lpd ?

4. Netscape Error: Can't open display

5. lpd - can't connect? lpd.perms OK?

6. How to setup a DigiBoard PC/8

7. lpd on commandline does nothing...and it's there at /usr/sbin/lpd ?

8. harddisk and partitions

9. Can someone post lpd.conf and lpd.perm files

10. Setting up plp/lpd for lpd only

11. lpd to lpd

12. remote printer for other unix...lpd, host.lpd, etc

13. lpd ignoring the hosts.lpd file ???