wtmp/utmp not registering login

Post by s.. » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Currently the /var/log/wtmp and /var/run/utmp files are
not 'Current'.

I'm missing logins and have yet to find anything in common with
those that are registering.

I'm running Red Hat - Linux version 2.0.27 (gcc version 2.7.2.1)

Any ideas/pointers/tips.

IT'S REALLY ANNOYING!

um...thanks...
shawn

1. Xterm registering with utmp/wtmp

I installed the X11 R6.3 (Broaday) from source on my system and since,
the "w" and "finger" commands do not show any logins. I guess that Xterm
isn't registering with utmp/wtmp. How can I correct this?

Thanks!

--

-James

Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.

2. network hanging

3. xdm, login and utmp/wtmp

4. Remote printing over IP

5. location of utmp wtmp in utmp.h

6. connections are *very* slow...

7. Upgraded libraries - utmp and wtmp not found

8. xman - Apropos

9. utmp/wtmp: Why some, not others?

10. remote login not in wtmp (who, w, last, didn't work)

11. wtmp: AIX 5.1-ML01 SSH logins not "logged"

12. HELP:Can not Login: No utmp entry !!!

13. X login does not show in utmp